IAS Study Material
Since 2011 the realm of IAS examination went under a paradigm shift with UPSC changing the number of questions, patterns, issues, etc. in prelims paper. And by adopting the changed syllabus and the pattern for mains examination, UPSC started the new era of IAS exams where the centre stage is held by General Studies. With the commencement of this new era, the main worry of the IAS aspirants lie around the central question of - "How to prepare?". The students are in despair as to whether they should take one hurdle at a time i.e. first prelims then mains or they should go for the integrated preparation as has been suggested by most experts. So, to help students concentrate on studies rather than facing the dilemma, IAS100.in is pleased to announce Distance Learning Programme for IAS which caters to the need of students not only from the perspective of prelims examination but also includes in its ambit the vast and all new mains examination. The package has been specifically designed to cope up with all the anxiety of the students regarding “what to read and what not to read”.
What is Distance Learning Programme?
This is a correspondence programme to make the aspirants more compatible with the new trends conspicuous in the IAS exam, where the focus is on the conceptual part of the whole syllabus including GS – prelims, GS – CSAT and GS – Mains.
How should students prepare in these changing times?
Appearing for Civil Services has always been a tough decision to make and an act of courage in itself which demands strength of character and nerves of steel. This is basically because of three reasons:
- The vastness of the syllabus associated with it, wherein you are expected to know almost everything under the sun.
- The unpredictability of the exam wherein you cannot afford to make selective study purely based on previous years’ question papers.
- The immense competition which you are confronted with, wherein you face the best minds in the country which come from their respective streams and sweat it out to become a part of the steel framework of the government. So there is hardly any room for carelessness, complacency and even overconfidence. You have to earn every mark hard to remain a cut above the rest.
Given such a scenario, preparing for Civil Services was always going to be a daunting task but now that you have made up your mind, our endeavour is to make this daunting task a little easier for you by using our long experience in mentoring toppers in this exam.
Content for Mains
- Communalism Regionalism and Secularism and Impact
- Eminent Organization and Personalities
- Geography mains
- Globalization & impact on India
- Governors and Viceroys
- Human Impact on Natural Environment
- Indian culture-Book updated
- Issues Related to Urbanization
- Mineral Resources
- Modern India
- Physical geography
- Population and Related Issues
- Post Independence Consolidation
- Poverty and issues related
- Role of Women & Women Org
- Salient Feature of Indian Society
- Social Empowerment
- World Agriculture Resources
- World History (Part-II)
- World History-(Part-I)
- Industrial location
- Education Sector
- Citizen's Charter
- Constitutional bodies in India
- Development Processes
- Dispute redressal mechanism and institutions in India
- Human Development in India
- Issues in federal structure
- Pressure Groups
- Salient Features of the Representation of People Act
- State legislature
- The Judiciary
- The Union Executive
- Union administration
- Union Legislature
- Devolution of power and finance up to local levels and issues
- Role of civil services in a democracy
- Health sector
- Statutory bodies
- Comparison of constitution
- Functions of union and state
- Separation of powers
- Indian constitution
- Planning in India
- Inclusive Growth
- The budgetary process in India
- Agriculture & Food Security
- Food Security in India
- Food Processing in India
- Land Reforms
- Impacts of New Economic Policy
- Industrial Policy
- Infrastructure Development in India
- Investment Model
- MSMES in India
- Environment book
- Disaster management
- Internal security book
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships.
- Human Values - lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behaviour; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker sections.
- Emotional intelligence-concepts, and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen's Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case Studies on above issues
Prelims books list
- Ecology And Environment
- Modern India
- Medieval India
- Ancient India
- Polity – 1
- Polity – 2
- Programmes And Policies
- International Relations (Part 1)
- International Relations (Part 2)
- Logical Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- Decision Making
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- S&T Part-1
- S&T Part-2
- S&T Part-3